Serving Swanton, Delta, Whitehouse and surrounding communities since 1893
Parish Mission Statement:
Saint Richard Catholic Church is a Eucharistic Community that strives to follow Jesus Christ by using our gifts and blessings to reach out to those with any need and live our faith in love and service.
Readings for the Week of February 19, 2017
- Sunday: Lv 19:1-2, 17-18 / Ps 103 / 1 Cor 3:16-23 / Mt 5:38-48
- Monday: Sir 1:1-10 / Ps 93 / Mk 9:14-29
- Tuesday: Sir 2:1-11 / Ps 37 / Mk 9:30-37
- Wednesday: 1 Pt 5:1-4 / Ps 23 / Mt 16:13-19
- Thursday: Sir 5:1-8 / Ps 1 / Mk 9:41-50
- Friday: Sir 6:5-17 / Ps 119 / Mk 10:1-12
- Saturday: Sir 17:1-15 / Ps 103 / Mk 10:13-16
- Next Sunday: Is 49:14-15 / Ps 62 / 1 Cor 4:1-5 / Mt 6:24-34
Message from the Pastoral Leader…
Welcome to our Website!
Saint Richard Catholic Church is a community of believers in Swanton, Ohio. This community was formed back in 1893 and continues today to be an active parish. We number slightly over 650 families and serve the communities of Swanton, Delta and Whitehouse and beyond.
By the power of God’s Spirit, we are beginning a great ministry that will deepen and expand the person-to-person caregiving capacity of our parish community: Stephen Ministry!
Stephen Ministry is a way for our parish to train and mobilize members to provide Christ-centered care and support to people experiencing many different kinds of life difficulties, including grief, divorce, cancer, unemployment, a spiritual crisis, infertility, and other challenges. You can see our “Stephen Series Certificate of Enrollment” posted in Church.
We recently send a team of four to be trained as Stephen Leaders at a one-week Leader’s Training Course, where they learned how to begin and lead Stephen Ministry here at St. Richard. Ann Geise, Cathy Dancer, Joan Hallett and I have returned with the knowledge and skills to train members of our parish to serve as lay caregivers-called Stephen Minsters- in our parish, match those Stephen Ministers with people in need of care, and provide ongoing support to our Stephen Ministry.
Here are some steps you can take as we begin this journey together:
- Give thanks to God for the life-transforming ministry ahead of us.
- Watch a couple of three-minute videos at www.stephenministries.org/stories to learn more about the difference this caring ministry makes in people’s lives.
- Give thanks to God for those whom the Spirit has moved to become our first Stephen Leaders. Please keep Ann Geise, Cathy Dancer, Joan Hallett and I in prayer.
- Pray for the Spirit to raise up men and women who will become our first Stephen Ministers. Prayerfully consider whether God might be calling you to this ministry.
In the days and weeks to come, you will be hearing much more about Stephen Ministry from me and our other leaders. If you have questions about Stephen Ministry, what Stephen Ministers do, or how you could be involved with Stephen Ministry, Please contact me directly or one of our other leaders.
As we begin this ministry, we believe that God will work through it. May St. Paul’s words in Ephesians 3:20 capture our excitement, our hopes, and our dreams for Stephen Ministry:
Glory be to God whose power, working in us, can do infinitely more than we can ask or imagine.
May God continue to bless us, St. Richard Parish!
Coming Activities and Events
- Deacon Jerry Ziemkiewicz, Pastoral Leader
- Father Adam Hertzfeld, Chaplain/Presbyteral Moderator
- Mrs. Ann Geise, Faith Formation Coordinator
- Ms Sarah Roof, Youth and Young Adult Minister
- Jessica Witulski, Music and Liturgy Director
- Sr. Lucille Kime, S.N.D., RCIA Coordinator
- Ms. Claudia Sturm, Parish Secretary/Office Manager
- Ms. Carrie Reeves, Bookkeeper
- Mrs. Betty Keller, Bulletin Editor
- Mr. Charlie Keaton, Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday 8:00 am, 10:30 am
Wednesday-Friday 8:30 am except first & second Wednesday - 10am at Nursing Homes
Monday thru Friday... 8:30am - 4:30pm
St. Richard Church has made Online Giving available for our weekly offerings, as well as other parish collections including St. Vincent De Paul, PSR Registration and Memorials. Donating is simple, safe, and secure and take less than five minutes.
You’ll be able to give to any of our collections and view complete financial records at any time. Set up a one-time or recurring donation by following these three easy steps:
1. Click on the Online Giving link.
2. Select the collection you wish to donate to and click to make a donation.
3. Enter your payment information.
That’s it. You can return at any time to edit your donation or to view your financial records.