Serving Swanton, Delta, Whitehouse and surrounding communities since 1893
Parish Mission Statement:
Saint Richard Catholic Church is a Eucharistic Community that strives to follow Jesus Christ by using our gifts and blessings to reach out to those with any need and live our faith in love and service.
Readings for the Week of July 23, 2017
- Sunday: Wis 12:13, 16-19 / Ps 86 / Rom 8:26-27 / Mt 13:24-43 or 13:24-30
- Monday: Ex 14:5-18 / Ex 15 / Mt 12:38-42
- Tuesday: 2 Cor 4:7-15 / Ps 126 / Mt 20:20-28
- Wednesday: Ex 16:1-5, 9-15 / Ps 78 / Mt 13:1-9
- Thursday: Ex 19:1-2, 9-11, 16-20b / Dn 3 / Mt 13:10-17
- Friday: Ex 20:1-17 / Ps 19 / Mt 13:18-23
- Saturday: Ex 24:3-8 / Ps 50 / Jn 11:19-27 or Lk 10:38-42
- Next Sunday: 1 Kgs 3:5, 7-12 / Ps 119 / Rom 8:28-30 / Mt 13:44-52 or 13:44-46
Message from the Pastoral Leader…
Welcome to our Website!
Back in grade school I would often get distracted and begin to stare out the classroom window. Eventually Sister would bring it to my attention to stop my day dreaming. Even back then as I looked into the sky and stared at the cloud formations I knew that there was something greater out there. Today I sometimes stare at the sky and the clouds because for me they are signs of hope. They reassure me that there is a God who walks with us and watches over us constantly. Like the sky, God is always right in front of our eyes, all around, ever present.
I think day dreaming can be a good thing. Raising our eyes, our hearts and our thoughts to heaven helps to bring us closer to our loving God. At times in life, it is hard to see how God is working and yet at other times what transpires can only be God’s gentle, loving touch, God’s providential care. I never want to stop dreaming, of asking what can be and to be open to what God has in store for me.
Sunday, July 2nd, marked five years that I have served Saint Richard as Pastoral Leader. When I came here I had little idea of what was to come. I can say now that by the grace of God the blessings have been many and my hope for our parish is strong. Thank you for your continued care and support for me, my family and for our parish.
It is with some sadness that we must say goodbye to Jessica Witulski our wonderful Music Director. She is such a talented musician and has a beautiful pastoral soul. I am so grateful that she has blessed my life and all of us with her ministry over the past 10 months. Please see the note from her in today’s bulletin. She will be missed!
May your week be filled with hope.
- Deacon Jerry Ziemkiewicz, Pastoral Leader
- Father Adam Hertzfeld, Chaplain/Presbyteral Moderator
- Mrs. Ann Geise, Faith Formation Coordinator
- Ms Sarah Roof, Youth and Young Adult Minister
- Jessica Witulski, Music and Liturgy Director
- Sr. Lucille Kime, S.N.D., RCIA Coordinator
- Ms. Claudia Sturm, Parish Secretary/Office Manager
- Ms. Carrie Reeves, Bookkeeper
- Mrs. Betty Keller, Bulletin Editor
- Mr. Charlie Keaton, Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday 8:00 am, 10:30 am
Wednesday-Friday 8:30 am except first & second Wednesday - 10am at Nursing Homes
NEW SUMMER HOURS!
Monday -Thursday 8:30am - 4pm
Friday 8:30am - Noon
St. Richard Church has made Online Giving available for our weekly offerings, as well as other parish collections including St. Vincent De Paul, PSR Registration and Memorials. Donating is simple, safe, and secure and take less than five minutes.
You’ll be able to give to any of our collections and view complete financial records at any time. Set up a one-time or recurring donation by following these three easy steps:
1. Click on the Online Giving link.
2. Select the collection you wish to donate to and click to make a donation.
3. Enter your payment information.
That’s it. You can return at any time to edit your donation or to view your financial records.