Serving Swanton, Delta, Whitehouse and surrounding communities since 1893
Parish Mission Statement:
Saint Richard Catholic Church is a Eucharistic Community that strives to follow Jesus Christ by using our gifts and blessings to reach out to those with any need and live our faith in love and service.
Readings for the Week of August 13, 2017
- Sunday: 1 Kgs 19:9a, 11-13a / Ps 85 / Rom 9:1-5 / Mt 14:22-33
- Monday: Dt 10:12-22 / Ps 147 / Mt 17:22-27
- Tuesday: Vigil: 1 Chr 15:3-4, 15-16; 16:1-2 / Ps 132 / 1 Cor 15:54b-57 / Lk 11:27-28
- Tuesday: Day: Rv 11:19a; 12:1-6a, 10ab / Ps 45 / 1 Cor 15:20-27 / Lk 1:39-56
- Wednesday: Dt 34:1-12 / Ps 66 / Mt 18:15-20
- Thursday: Jos 3:7-10a, 11, 13-17 / Ps 114 / Mt 18:21--19:1
- Friday: Jos 24:1-13 / Ps 136 / Mt 19:3-12
- Saturday: Jos 24:14-29 / Ps 16 / Mt 19:13-15
- Next Sunday: Is 56:1, 6-7 / Ps 67 / Rom 11:13-15, 29-32 / Mt 15:21-28
Message from the Pastoral Leader…
Welcome to our Website!
It has been five years plus since my first article in our bulletin. I have written on many topics, concerns and hopes. I am thankful if you have read any or all and that at least in some small way at one time or another they have personally spoken to you.
Leaving is never easy especially being in ministry, working side by side with an amazing staff and serving to the best of my ability this faith-filled community of St. Richard. Know that you will be missed and that Saint Richard will always hold a special corner of my heart. Your caring, love and support has changed me and helped to form me into a better husband, Deacon and person. Even in times of disagreements and misunderstandings I have grown into being a more faithful disciple of Jesus Christ.
I want to directly thank the best parish staff in the diocese. We have ministered together, supported one another, shared meals, birthdays and laughs. I could not have succeeded as your Pastoral Leader without this dedicated staff of co-ministers. A special thanks to Ann, Sarah and Jessica whom I worked closely with as our parish leadership team.
Although today there may be questions and uncertainty of the future, know that Father Adam will continue to lead St. Richard into the future with much care and compassion.
Thank you again for who you are and the difference you have made in my life. May God continue to bless St. Richard Parish for many years to come.
With fond memories and much love, I AM…
Coming Activities and Events
- Deacon Jerry Ziemkiewicz, Pastoral Leader
- Father Adam Hertzfeld, Chaplain/Presbyteral Moderator
- Mrs. Ann Geise, Faith Formation Coordinator
- Ms Sarah Roof, Youth and Young Adult Minister
- Jessica Witulski, Music and Liturgy Director
- Sr. Lucille Kime, S.N.D., RCIA Coordinator
- Ms. Claudia Sturm, Parish Secretary/Office Manager
- Ms. Carrie Reeves, Bookkeeper
- Mrs. Betty Keller, Bulletin Editor
- Mr. Charlie Keaton, Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday 8:00 am, 10:30 am
Wednesday-Friday 8:30 am except first & second Wednesday - 10am at Nursing Homes
NEW SUMMER HOURS!
Monday -Thursday 8:30am - 4pm
Friday 8:30am - Noon
St. Richard Church has made Online Giving available for our weekly offerings, as well as other parish collections including St. Vincent De Paul, PSR Registration and Memorials. Donating is simple, safe, and secure and take less than five minutes.
You’ll be able to give to any of our collections and view complete financial records at any time. Set up a one-time or recurring donation by following these three easy steps:
1. Click on the Online Giving link.
2. Select the collection you wish to donate to and click to make a donation.
3. Enter your payment information.
That’s it. You can return at any time to edit your donation or to view your financial records.