Serving Swanton, Delta, Whitehouse and surrounding communities since 1893
Parish Mission Statement:
Saint Richard Catholic Church is a Eucharistic Community that strives to follow Jesus Christ by using our gifts and blessings to reach out to those with any need and live our faith in love and service.
Readings for the Week of October 23, 2016
- Sunday: Sir 35:12-14, 16-18 / Ps 34:2-3, 17-19, 23 / 2 Tm 4:6-8, 16-18 / Lk 18:9-14
- Monday: Eph 4:32—5:8 / Ps 1:1-4, 6 / Lk 13:10-17
- Tuesday: Eph 5:21-33 or 5:2a, 25-32 / Ps 128:1-5 / Lk 13:18-21
- Wednesday: Eph 6:1-9 / Ps 145:10-14 / Lk 13:22-30
- Thursday: Eph 6:10-20 / Ps 144:1-2, 9-10 / Lk 13:31-35
- Friday: Eph 2:19-22 / Ps 19:2-5 / Lk 6:12-16
- Saturday: Phil 1:18b-26 / Ps 42:2-3, 5 / Lk 14:1, 7-11
- Next Sunday: Wis 11:22—12:2 / Ps 145: 1-2, 8-11, 13-14 / 2 Thes 1:11—2:2 / Lk 19:1-10
Message from the Pastoral Leader…
Welcome to our Website!
Saint Richard Catholic Church is a community of believers in Swanton, Ohio. This community was formed back in 1893 and continues today to be an active parish. We number slightly over 650 families and serve the communities of Swanton, Delta and Whitehouse and beyond.
When we look at our parish, St. Richard, who do we say that we are as a faithful community of believers? Through the years what or whom has impacted this community? Are we all that we can be planning toward the future, forming disciples and building the kingdom here and now? Each member of this faith family has certain gifts to bring and when each of us contributes, we are stronger in our faith and in being all that our God calls us to be.
May God continue to bless us, St. Richard Parish!
Coming Activities and Events
Welcome our new Music & Liturgy Minister
It is exciting to announce that we have a new Music and Liturgy Director. Jessica Witulski, originally from Newark Valley, New York, has a Master of Music degree in Music Education with performance concentration in piano. She is a lifelong Catholic and music lover. Most recently she has taught high school music and led various choirs. Her family recently relocated to Ohio.
Jessica is married to Christopher who teaches in the music department of Bowling Green State University. They have two children, Madelynn and Julia and currently reside in Bowling Green. She is looking forward to getting the choir back up and singing again, and to work with our Schola group and cantors.
Please stop, say hello and welcome Jessica and her family to St. Richard!
Our Capital Campaign "God's House, Our Home"
Check out our Campaign Website link below
- Deacon Jerry Ziemkiewicz, Pastoral Leader
- Father Adam Hertzfeld, Chaplain/Presbyteral Moderator
- Mrs. Ann Geise, Faith Formation Coordinator
- Ms Sarah Roof, Youth and Young Adult Minister
- Jessica Witulski, Music and Liturgy Director
- Sr. Lucille Kime, S.N.D., RCIA Coordinator
- Ms. Claudia Sturm, Parish Secretary/Office Manager
- Ms. Carrie Reeves, Bookkeeper
- Mrs. Betty Keller, Bulletin Editor
- Mr. Charlie Keaton, Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday 8:00 am, 10:30 am
Wednesday-Friday 8:30 am except first & second Wednesday - 10am at Nursing Homes
Monday thru Friday... 8:30am - 4:30pm
St. Richard Church has made Online Giving available for our weekly offerings, as well as other parish collections including St. Vincent De Paul, PSR Registration and Memorials. Donating is simple, safe, and secure and take less than five minutes.
You’ll be able to give to any of our collections and view complete financial records at any time. Set up a one-time or recurring donation by following these three easy steps:
1. Click on the Online Giving link.
2. Select the collection you wish to donate to and click to make a donation.
3. Enter your payment information.
That’s it. You can return at any time to edit your donation or to view your financial records.